Sunday, December 4, 2011

Patience

Patience.
That one little word means so much. It is so difficult! Being patient is a hard thing to do. There are things that force you to be patient though.

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that's patience.


But see the thing about patience, is it is necessary in life. I am a strong believer in the fact that nothing worth getting comes along easily. If you want it, you are willing to do what ever it takes to get it, and most people take that as keep pushing, and fighting, and running toward it. But sometimes it just means patiently waiting.

Right now I am waiting for a couple of things. One thing I could just fight and push and run toward, but that would push him away, I have to wait. Patiently wait for his decision, and then I have to just trust God that it is the right one, even if its what I do not want to hear. The other thing I have absolutely no hand in. The only thing I can do is wait. You would think that after two years of just waiting I would be pro at it by now. The truth is, it is very hard because I want to do everything myself. I want it and I want it now. I must trust God though, and I must learn to wait. To not rush, but take it slow, trust that God has a plan, and understand his timing is perfect. It may be hard, but it is a challenge. God can help me, I must trust in him. Please help me Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment