Friday, December 2, 2011

Risk

To love is to risk not being loved in return, to hope is to risk pain, to try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing


I have no idea who said this quote, and I do not know why they said it. But all I know is that they are true words. Risk is what we take in life, because without it we would never do anything, never go anywhere, never love anyone. Even though they are big risks, we must never stop loving, never stop hoping, and never stop trying. Because the second we stop, we give up. We must never lose hope.

Hope.
something I hold on to when I have nothing else left. Yet, it is so easily lost. That may be because where I get my hope from is so easily broken. I get my hope from myself. But that should not be the case. "Why are you cast down, O my soul,and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,my salvation and my God." Psalm 42:11. Hope in God, because he will never break. Put your trust in him, because he will always lead you down the right path. So here I am, still holding on to hope, but this hope is different. It is hope in God, that no matter the outcome, I will be ok, because I still have my savior, and he still loves me.

So I sit here, wanting to take risks in life. Risks in loving people, risks in jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. Risks in my life, but one risk I am never willing to take is in my salvation. As long as I have my Lord, and as long as I am aiming to please him and worship him, then no matter what I do, I will be ok. I will be better than ok. I will be JOYFUL. filled with Joy, peace, love, gentleness. I will be filled with the spirit of my LORD. whom I love, and who loves me. And that is what matters in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment